Did someone say energy storage? Ensuring reliable, clean and low-cost energy supply for Europe
Join us on 22 June 2023 for an insightful session where we will discuss how renewable energy, coupled with energy storage, can be the solution for achieving energy independence, lowering energy prices, and meeting the key deadlines of 45% renewables by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2050, as set by the EU.
Join us to discuss how renewable energy, coupled with energy storage, can be the solution for achieving energy independence, lowering energy prices, and meeting the key deadlines of 45% renewables by 2030 and carbon neutrality by 2050, as set by the EU.
Policymakers and industry representatives will discuss the role of renewables and energy storage in replacing fossil fuels as backup power generators, and how this transition can contribute to a sustainable energy landscape in Europe.
Furthermore, we will explore ways to address the shortage of skills relevant for green jobs, and how actors in the renewables and energy storage sectors can play a pivotal role in building a skilled workforce for the energy transition.
Empowering civil society to make conscious decisions about energy consumption and production will also be a topic of discussion. We will highlight the importance of creating awareness and engaging citizens in the energy transition process, and how they can contribute to a greener future for Europe.
Join us to learn more about the challenges and opportunities of the EU’s energy transition agenda, and how renewable energy and energy storage can pave the way for a reliable, clean, and low-cost energy supply for Europe.
- Doriana Forleo, Head of Communications, Energy Storage Coalition
Decarbonising the EU’s energy sector, challenges, energy policy for the coming years, and how energy storage fits into this landscape
- Mechthild Wörsdörfer, Deputy Director-General, European Commission
- Michael Geyer, European Affiliates’ Managing Director, Malta Inc.
- Walburga Hemetsberger, CEO, SolarPower Europe
- Pierre Tardieu, Chief Policy Officer, WindEurope
- Marta Navarrete Moreno, Head of Policy and Regulation (Brussels Office), Iberdrola
- Patrick Clerens, Secretary General, EASE
- Claude Turmes, Luxembourg Minister for Energy
- Philipp Offenberg, Senior Manager Europe, Breakthrough Energy